Gustavo's Met Gala Top Picks


Hello everyone, what an amazing fashion event we just witnessed. The mecca of Who's Who in fashion made it to this year's MET Gala, invitees were told to wear their "Sunday's Best" and we all know that we only do that for Mass. While many were good, there were a few "WOW" moments, while many were "What Were You Thinking". Alas, here are my top picks. 

No. 1


I automatically fell in love with this Atelier Versace gown Zendaya wore. While reading articles on this year's exhibit, I was wondering how literal many of the celebrities will be with their outfits. This is something original that I saw on the Met's Carpet that night. From the chainmail drape, the armor patch upper arm to the hip corset. Amazing. To me, this is the right mixture of Joan of Arc, Catholicism, and Versace, all in one dress.

No. 2 


Here is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in a simple Ralph Lauren dress with a shoulder cape. Arriving on a party bus, like I'm sure many women did that night, the cape alone is adorned with 300, 000 Swarovkis crystals. This gold/champagne colored dress was simple without being boring. What worked for me was that it all came together with the golden hairpiece that seemed like a halo on her. This was to the theme all the way. 

No. 3 


I do not keep with the Kardashians or know who's celebrity or socialite's daughter is the new IT Model of the Moment. I simply don't care, I just look at the clothes and the model second. Bella Hadid is one of those, her name was everywhere but I would skip over it. To the Met, Bella wore custom Chrome of Hearts, which she is collaborating with, at a bolero from Gareth Puth which looked fantastic on her. I would've gone all Puth since he is all about mixing Fashion and Religion and this just proves that. 

No. 4 


Now, I tried to put this at the top but I think 4 is not a bad spot. The Original Wonder Woman graced us with her presence on Monday night and she looked like the Queen that she is. Arriving in a custom Zac Posen gown, which to me that jewel tone color made the gown even more regal, royal and high priestess like. What I discovered is that crow on her head features Hebrew writings and the back of her updo was a clip that reminisced the Star of David. Magnifique!! 

No. 5 


As we talk about being original for the Met Gala, there isn't quite the person to do that as Cara Delevingne. Opting for an Haute Couture Dior lattice gown, even borderline gothic yet the crown hones it together to brings it to the religious side. The beaded veil gives it an original look, almost like the inside of a  confession room. Nevertheless, I like the sheer panels, the lined nude panels, her beaded veil crown, and her studded hand jewelry. 

These are my picks, please let me know how I did. 

Remember to Share, Like and Comment on all our posts. 


Comments